Comprehensive Concussion Treatment Options in Ft. Lauderdale
Did you know that left untreated, concussions reduce your quality of living for the rest of your life? Mental illness and other conditions such as Alzheimer’s are now being linked to mild traumatic brain injuries (TBI) such as concussions.
Even after all symptoms of a concussion seem to be gone, injury to soft tissue, blood vessels, and nerves in the brain may cause long-term problems, which is why any noticeable concussion symptoms should be treated by knowledgeable neurology experts.
Treatment Options for Mild TBI
At RadiusTBI, our team of neurologists, neuropsychologists, psychologists, and physical therapists offers comprehensive concussion treatment options in the Ft. Lauderdale area. Our goal is to help heal the brain and manage emotional issues that arise from mild TBI.
- We provide physical and occupational therapy including vestibular balance training to restore balance, eliminate dizziness, and improve endurance.
- Neurotherapy, or neurofeedback, is used to teach patients how to self-regulate brain function. This cutting-edge biofeedback technique monitors heart rate, blood pressure, skin temperature, and brain waves, which is utilized to help you gain control over these processes through conditioning.
- Our state-of-the-art visual neuro-cognitive rehabilitation device assists in the treatment of patients suffering from reduced motor skills, reaction time, and cognitive function in addition to poor balance.
- To manage stress disorders stemming from concussions, we provide psychological counseling, which helps patients overcome anxiety, irritability, and mood swings post-injury.
- We may also add alternative treatments, including nutrition counseling and acupuncture, to improve patient outcomes.
The length of your treatment time will depend on the severity of your injury, the symptoms you experience, and your progress, or responsiveness, while undergoing therapy.